These are some ideas we have for changing around the daily curriculum to foster multiliteracy in the classroom. At the bottom of the page are videos from a multiliteracy tour of an area WalMart.
SAMPLE CURRICULAR CHANGES for a SECOND GRADE CLASSROOM
- Weekly "field trips" to other countries.(The internet works wonders in finding visual tours)
- Journal writing about other cultures
- Journal writing about family history
- Class presentations on a country from each students family tree
- "Word of the Day" representing various languages